10 easy steps to weight loss
1) Remove wheat from your diary. Take all pasta, bread and crackers out of your diet. Many of us have a gluten intolerance and simply by removing wheat from your diet you can lose a lot of water weight and feel lighter. This means no more sandwiches. Instead have tuna salads and soups or chicken salads and rice cakes.
2) Take Sugar out of your diet- eating sugar causes us to crave more sugar and leads us to weight gain. Sugar is highly addictive. Some people claim it can be as addictive as cocaine. So say Goodbye to sugar!
3) Drink Water all day long – at least 1.5 litres per day not only is water detoxifying but it will help you feel fuller for longer.
4) Eat protein at every meal include chicken, smoked salmon, eggs, turkey, tuna fish at every meal. Protein will balance your blood sugar and keep you fuller for longer. If you are a vegetarian, have beans and pulses.
5) NEVER skip meals. If you skip a meal such as breakfast you will just end up having a much larger meal the next time you eat and are more likely to make the wrong food choices.
6) Eat your biggest meal at lunch and your last meal by 6.00pm; the latter should be based on very light food such as chicken/fish and vegetables.
7) Consider doing a food intolerance test to see whether any of the foods you are eating are causing you to gain weight. Food Intolerances are extremely common and cause a variety of symptoms including water retention, bloating, weight gain and fatigue. Simply by avoiding foods you are sensitive to could lead to weight loss and increased energy levels. Conducting an IgG food intolerance test could help identify the culprits.
8) Consider taking some chromium supplements to help balance your blood sugar and reduce cravings.
9) Eat every 3-4 hours and keep a structure. Snack on fruit, nuts and seeds to balance your blood sugar.
10) Get at least 8 hours sleep a night. If you do not sleep enough your appetite will increase making you feel hungrier.