Do you need a diet to detox your liver?
Are you eating and drinking more that you would like with the lead up to Christmas and the onset of the cold winter months? Do you need a diet to detox your liver?
Here are some great diet tips to help your liver detox.
These are some great foods to help your liver detoxify and get back on the path of wellness:
- Eat cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts
- Eat Vitamin B- rich foods such as nutritional yeast and whole-grains including brown rice
- Eat foods high in Vitamin C including peppers, cabbage tomatoes
- Eat Citrus fruits (not grapefruit) oranges and tangerines
- Eat garlic, legumes, onions and eggs
- Eat pears and oat-bran
- Eat Artichokes, beets, carrots, dandelions, cinnamon, turmeric and liquorice
Did you know that your liver is constantly exposed to toxins both internal and external, meaning from the environment. The toxic chemicals that our liver must detoxify include the food we eat in the forms of pesticides and chemicals and in the water we drink and even in the air we breathe in the form of pollution and cigarette smoke.
Proper functioning of the liver’s detoxification system is especially important for the prevention of cancer. In fact some studies have found that people with poor detoxification enzyme activity, may be more likely to develop cancer.
If you are being exposed to many toxins or taking medication beware not to drink grapefruit juice as this may reduce the rate of elimination of drugs and toxins.
There are also a number of natural supplements that may help your liver. These include:
Vitamin C, glycine, Methionine, Choline, Betain,B6, Folic acid B12